Smoked salmon is one of our favorite dishes here at Saffire Grill Co. A tasty treat that everyone should try at least once in their lifetime is made easier when it’s cooked on a Saffire Grill. Try it for yourself today!
Bourbon Maple Smoked Salmon
Prep time: 30 minutes + marinade time
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
4 6 to 8-ounce salmon fillets (portions)
1 cup (or more) apple or cherry wood smoke chips
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons premium maple syrup
4 tablespoons bourbon (Booker’s works best—you can find airplane-sized bottles of bourbon at most liquor stores)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 orange, juiced
- Mix together oil, mustard, maple syrup, bourbon, salt, pepper and orange juice and set aside. Reserve half for basting. Use what is left over to drizzle on fish when plated.
- In the refrigerator, marinate fish with ½ the bourbon maple marinade for 30 minutes to one hour. A ziplock bag works great!
- Prep the Saffire grill for indirect medium heat (350° F) using the heat deflector and Cooking Grid Elevator. Consider using a drip pan beneath the grate to catch any drippings the fish may produce.
- Add wood chips with the Smokin’ Chip Feeder.
- Spray cooking grid with cooking spray then place salmon on cooking grid and cook until medium to fully cooked, depending on how you like your salmon. (10 -20 minutes.)
- Baste with remaining marinade.
- Serve with your favorite rice and vegetable. Garnish with lemon wedges, and fresh dill sprigs. Serve immediately.