Grilled Duck Breast with Port Cherry Sauce
Prep time: Approx. 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 duck breasts w/skin
Salt & Pepper
1 can of sweet dark cherries w/syrup
¼ cup port
2 T brown sugar
1 T cornstarch
1 T lemon juice
½ t red pepper flakes
1. Prep the grill for direct medium heat (350°) and set up the grilling grate on the grill grate elevator.
2. Rinse the duck breasts under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Using a very sharp knife,
cut a criss-cross pattern in the duck skin, being careful not to cut all the way through into the breast
meat. Season the breasts with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium saucepan, mix together the cherries, port, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally,
then reduce heat and simmer.
4. Place the duck breasts on the grill, skin down. Grill for approximately four minutes and then rotate the breasts 90 degrees. Grill for additional four minutes and then
5. Continue to grill the breasts until their internal temperature reaches 135°, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for approximately 3 minutes.
6. Slice the duck breasts and serve with the warm cherry sauce.