Up to 30% Off 2017 Models
10% Off Storewide!
Use Coupon Code: SFRHLD
Smoked Cornish Game Hens
When you’re tired of sharing you’re chicken, try smoked cornish game hens for a perfectly sized delectable poultry dish.
Prep time: Approx.30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
2 Cornish Game Hens
1 lemons cut in half
2 Bay leafs
1 Tablespoon Poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
Honey Mustard Glaze
½ cup Honey
1 cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup orange juice
Dash or two of Sriracta sauce
- Rinse and dry the birds inside and out.
- With a fork, punch holes around the lemon then cut in half.
- Mix paprika, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Rub the inside and outside of the birds with it.
- Push lemon and bay leaf inside the cavity of each bird.
- Prep the grill for indirect medium heat (350° F) using the heat deflector. Consider using a rack for the birds & placing a drip pan beneath the grate to catch drippings. Add cherry or apple wood chips when the grill temp reaches 250F.
- Place the Cornish Game Hen on the rack and you’re ready.
- Increase Grill Temp to 375F by adjusting the bottom and top temperature controls to finish cooking
- Remove the Cornish Game Hen when the internal temp reaches 165F degrees
- Let the Cornish Game Hen to rest for five minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute you’ll have a juicy bird. Discard the lemon and Bay leaf from the inside of the bird. Plate and serve.
Directions for the Honey Mustard Glaze
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and brush on Game Hens during the cooking process. Apply within the last 30 minutes of cooking. Apply with brush.
- Reserve some glaze to finish the birds before serving. Serve with your favorite vegetables and rice.