Revolutionary Crucible Firebox
Lined with refractory bricks, not ceramic, the patent-pending Crucible Firebox is rated up to 2,700° F and eliminates structural failure. In addition, the Platinum Crucible's charcoal basket and ash pan provide a higher charcoal capacity, while making it a breeze to clean. The result is the best, most durable firebox available, with faster charcoal starting and much easier cleaning!
Patented Smokin’ Chip Feeder
Never has it been so convenient to add the perfect amount of smoke to your barbecue. The key is Safflre’s patented Smokin’ Chip Feeder.
Eliminates these problems:
- Having to put chips in first, and having them burn up, before the food goes on.
- Needing to open the grill while cooking and thus interrupting the cooking cycle, fanning the flame and losing heat.
- Having to remove the cooking grid with food on it.
- Trying to get chips into the fire by dropping them through the grids causing:
- Chips getting in the food
- Chips getting stuck in the hot grid
- Hands being exposed to the fire
Extra Heavy Duty Hardware and Ceramics
Saffire's hinges, bands, and carts are all made of super-thick hardware which provides incredible strength, stability and longevity. Our ceramic grills also include thicker ceramic components for greater durability and better kamado cooking (with a lifetime warranty)! This is true with all of our grill sizes, from the XL to the Small.
- Saffire's super heavy gauge tubular steel cart design (XL, Large, Medium) adds extreme stability for your ceramic grill.
- Our top damper control is another feature par-excellence in the kamado industry. Allowing for precision adjustment of airflow and grilling temperatures. In addition, Saffire's 304 stainless steel* top damper is the first of its kind!
* The Platinum Series uses the finest 304 stainless steel.
304 Stainless Construction
Stainless steel is widely incorporated across multiple industries, including medicine, manufacturing, and communications. Its resistance to corrosion means it does not have to be replaced or repaired as much as conventional steel.
The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International, is the organization that sets standards for stainless steel alloys using a numbering system. Combining nickel with chromium in a steel alloy improves resistance to rust. 304 stainless steel is composed of 18% chromium and 8% nickel. It is more desirable for kitchen and outdoor use than lower grade stainless steel like the 202 alloy because it is more corrosion resistant.
Saffire is proud to incorporate the finest steels into our kamado construction. We want your grill to look amazing for years to come, not just out of the box!
Multi-Level Cooking System
The Multi-Level Cooking System lets you cook in two temperature zones at once. Lower one side for a quick searing, and keep the other side up for more thorough cooking. With the ceramic heat deflector added to the mix, you can transfer more heat to one side for an intense, radiant, searing heat, while letting the heat slowly work into the food on the other.
- Extra heavy gauge, tubular 304* stainless steel cart for rock-solid stability, strength and extra longevity – LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Cart includes 304 stainless steel Side-Shelves with LIFETIME WARRANTY; easy mounting or removal; fold down when not in use.
- Ceramic Feet with Stainless Steel Heat Shield – for safe placement on wood surface.
- 304* Stainless Steel Caster Wheels (Lifetime Warranty).
*304 Stainless Steel incorporates less Carbon and about twice as much Chromium and Nickel alloys as other common, less expensive types of stainless steel. This provides much more corrosion resistance especially around dampness, salt (food, seasoning, sauces or ocean), chlorine (cleaning agents and swimming pool) and other corrosive elements.