Thanks to Rachel Benson of Kamado Grill Recipes for writing this blog about delicious grilled vegetables!
When I make vegetables, I try to eat a colorful variety because I read once that it helps provide a range of nutrients. Also, I think it is visually appealing to have a range of colors on your plate and can be fun for kids too. I’ll do everything I can to help my 3 year old son eat vegetables. He went through a period where he wouldn’t try new foods, and I struggled daily to get him to eat a balanced diet. Fortunately, that phase is over and he is doing much better eating all his food. I’m not sure if he is just eating better because we have consistently enforced our dinner rules, or if it’s because I’ve been grilling more and vegetables seem to just taste better off the grill… Either way I’m just glad he eats foods that are good for him!
I love roasting vegetables on my Saffire in the summer because it is one less thing in my oven generating heat. Also, it is an incredibly simple and easy side dish. First, wash, peel, and chop up your vegetables and place them in your foil pan. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on vegetables and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Preheat your grill to 450° F and grill on indirect heat for about 30 minutes or until roasted to your liking. Serve them right away off the grill, or add more flavor by drizzling with lime-cilantro vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- PREP TIME: 5M
- COOK TIME: 30M
- TOTAL TIME: 35M
- 1/2 head red cabbage, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse vegetables under cold, running water. Prepare vegetables and arrange in foil pan.
- Preheat grill to 450° F and place heat deflector in kamado. Grill on indirect heat for 30 minutes, or until roasted to your liking.
- Serve immediately or drizzle with lime-cilantro vinaigrette.