Thanks to Kamado Grill Recipes’ Rachel Benson for providing this amazing blog post!
First, measure out your marinade ingredients and whisk them together.
Next, put your chicken thighs (bone-in) in a ziplock bag and pour in marinade. Make sure your bag is completely sealed and then toss to coat. Refrigerate and let marinate for 2 hours or up to 3 hours. I bought bone-in chicken thighs “skin up” and removed the skin from the chicken thighs before marinating.
This was my first time removing the skin from the chicken thighs and I must admit it was waay easier than I thought. I can’t believe I’ve never done that before, huge grocery store savings are in store for me!
Preheat your grill to 450° F and put in your heat deflector. Grill for 35-40 minutes on indirect heat or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
When I grilled these, I also grilled a delicious assortment of vegetables as an easy side dish. Check out that recipe here.
- PREP TIME: 5M
- COOK TIME: 40M
- TOTAL TIME: 45M
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together marinade ingredients. Transfer marinade to a plastic ziplock bag.
- Add chicken thighs to bag. Toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours (or up to 3 hours).
- Preheat grill to 450F. Grill on indirect heat for 35-40 minutes, or until internal temperature hits 165F.
- This recipe is mildly spicy. For added heat, increase the amount of sriracha chili sauce to 1/3 cup and add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.