Your 15" Medium Saffire Grill is more than just a smoker. It's your all-purpose outdoor oven that can prepare whole meals for you and yours. For today's blog, we've chosen a meal shared by Saffire Demo Grillmaster Doug Keller that he posted to our Facebook page a few days ago. Try it out then visit our page to comment on his post and tell us what you think!
- 2 Bone in Pork Chops
- 2 Ears Sweet Corn
- 1 large broccoli head cut into florets
- Pork Rub (Doug used a coffee based rub that was 4 parts coffee, 3 parts Brown sugar, 2 parts ancho chili powder, and 1 part kosher salt mixed well)
- Olive oil
- Fire up your Saffire Grill with lump charcoal, preferably, Saffire's All Natural North American Hardwood Lump Charcoal to 400 degrees.
- Place a heat deflector on your primary cooking grid and set your secondary cooking grid.
- Place broccoli in a veggie roasting pan or tray and place on the secondary cooking grid for 20 minutes or so.
- Lightly coat Pork Chops with olive oil and apply rub.
- Remove heat deflector after approximately 20 minutes and add pork chops
- Grill pork chops approximately 5 minutes per side
- At the turn, remove broccoli. Add sweet corn.
- Remove pork chops when internal temperature reaches 145 degrees minimum. Turn corn and let roast turning occasionally until done.
- Plate and serve.