Refined, Versatile & Durable
Saffire Grills’ trusted design takes a huge step forward for BBQ grills, with the patented Smokin’ Chip Feeder Port and Crucible Firebox, plus extra thick, kiln-fired ceramics and heavy-duty hardware. Get unmatched quality with outstanding culinary results.
See why Saffire is the best, most versatile and durable kamado/barbecue on the market today!
Revolutionary Crucible Firebox
Lined with refractory bricks, not ceramic, the patent-pending Crucible Firebox is rated up to 2,700° F and eliminates structural failure. In addition, the Platinum Crucible's charcoal basket and ash pan provide a higher charcoal capacity, while making it a breeze to clean. The result is the best, most durable firebox available, with faster charcoal starting and much easier cleaning!
The Inside Story
The insulating and radiant heating qualities of ceramics create the perfect environment for cooking and smoking all types of food. But with charcoal burning at upwards of 2,000° F the inner firebox takes a beating producing a rampant amount of breakage in most brands. Staying true to Saffire's history of ingenuity, we are proud to introduce the most advanced, versatile and durable kamado firebox available.
Saffire's patent-pending Crucible Kamado Firebox provides all these revolutionary benefits, for the very best charcoal grilling and smoking experience.
- Rated up to 2,700°F (1,000° Higher than Any Other Kamado Firebox!)
- Eliminates Structural Failure (Ceramic Firebox Breakage is a Common, Recurring Problem with Other Brands)
- Huge Ash Capacity
- Faster Starting with Larger Grate Area
- Easy Ash Cleaning with Double-Sized Grate Area
- Easily Remove Charcoal with Stainless Basket Grate*
- Quick Ash Removal with Industry's Largest Lift-Out Ash Pan*
(Comes with Large and XL Models Only)
Eliminates Structural Failure
- Saffire's 12-brick design greatly relieves thermal stress, eliminating firebox breakage.
- Our bricks are rated 1,000° higher than traditional ceramic.
- The outer Shell is made of Aluminized Steel
(High thermal and corrosion resistance)
- Even if a brick should crack, it doesn't matter!
(The shell holds them tightly in place and also prevents any air leakage. In any case, individual bricks can be easily replaced.)
Included with Platinum Crucible Firebox
304 Stainless Steel Charcoal Basket/Grate
*(Platinum Crucible Kamado Firebox Only)
The Best Fireboxes Come with 304 Stainless Steel Charcoal Baskets!
- Easily remove the charcoal from your grill
- Removable kamado firebox divider - holds charcoal to one side.
Saffire’s Double Size Grate Area Gives You:
- Faster starting a large bed of coals for grilling.
Air now flows to entire bed of charcoal.
- Quick Shake to release ash into the pan.
No more tedious raking of ash down through a fire grate.
(Typical bowl shape and small grate of others greatly restricts the flow of ash down to the bottom of the grill)
Huge Lift-Out Ash Pan
*(Platinum Crucible Only)
- Enormous size holds ash from several fires.
(A small ash pan needs to be cleaned out virtually every time you cook)
- Insulating air gap under Pan provides even more efficiency and safer temperatures on bottom.
- Quick and easy to lift out and dump the ash. No more digging ash out through the air control!
Patented Smokin’ Chip Feeder
Never has it been so convenient to add the perfect amount of smoke to your barbecue. The key is Safflre’s patented Smokin’ Chip Feeder.
Eliminates these problems:
- Having to put chips in first, and have them burning up, before the food goes on.
- Having to open the grill while cooking and thus interrupting the cooking cycle, fanning the flame and losing heat.
- Having to remove the cooking grid with food on it.
- Trying to get chips to the fire by dropping them through the grids causing:
- Chips getting in the food
- Chips getting stuck in the hot grid
- Hands being exposed to fire
Patented Smoking Chip Feeder
(“Smokin’ Chip Feeder” System with Tool & Access Port)
Easily add wood chips, small chunks and sticks for smoked flavor, without even opening the charcoal smoker.
No other kamado gives you all this versatility
- Add smoking chips when ready so they do not burn up prematurely.
- Cooking Grids do not need to be removed to add smoking chips.
- Add wood for smoke even when Ceramic Heat Deflector is in place.
- Wood chips do not get in the food or stuck in the grate.
- Hands are not exposed to the fire.
- Heat is not lost by opening kamado smoker - cooking cycle is not interrupted.
- Sturdy, Stainless Steel Feeder Tool is also handy for adjusting charcoal, breaking up ice cubes and defending your surf & turf etc.
- Feeder Port Hole is handy for checking/viewing the fire without opening the grill.
- Port is also good for adjusting coals with ash tool on a long smoke, without opening grill and when the Heat Deflector is in the way.
- Port may be unscrewed to fine tune air flow above the charcoal especially when smoking. This allows you to fine tune for blue smoke without pushing more air through the coals and heating it up more than wanted.
No More Soaking Your Chips
With regular grills and meat smokers it is recommended to soak wood chips in water for 30 minutes before adding them to the fire. This is to keep them from catching fire and burning up the needed smoke and flavor.
With Saffire, you don’t need to remember to soak your wood chips ahead of time, or at all! Now just add them to the kamado smoker, when ready, with the Chip Feeder Tool. Because of the efficient, low-airflow environment inside the Saffire, there just isn’t enough air for the chips to catch fire when you’re roasting and smoking at medium to low temperatures.
Another reason barbecue is easier with Saffire!
Tailor your Flavor with Wood-Smoked Savor
Many different species of wood chips are available to add different smoked flavors to your food. Some are more delicate and others stronger. (See the smoke intensity chart below.)
Smoking chips are usually available from your Saffire dealer as well as other stores.
Smoke Intensity Chart
One is mild. Ten is the strongest.
|3.||Sugar Maple||Poultry & Pork|
Extra Heavy Duty Hardware and Ceramics
Saffire's hinges, bands, and carts are all made of super-thick hardware which provides incredible strength, stability and longevity. Our ceramic grills also include thicker ceramic components for greater durability and better kamado cooking (with a lifetime warranty)! This is true with all of our grill sizes, from the XL to the Small.
- Saffire's super heavy gauge tubular steel cart design (XL, Large, Medium) adds extreme stability for your ceramic grill.
- Our top damper control is another feature par-excellence in the kamado industry. Allowing for precision adjustment of airflow and grilling temperatures. In addition, Saffire's 304 stainless steel* top damper is the first of its kind!
* The Platinum Series uses the finest 304 stainless steel.
304 Stainless Construction
Stainless steel is widely incorporated across multiple industries, including medicine, manufacturing, and communications. Its resistance to corrosion means it does not have to be replaced or repaired as much as conventional steel.
The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International, is the organization that sets standards for stainless steel alloys using a numbering system. Combining nickel with chromium in a steel alloy improves resistance to rust. 304 stainless steel is composed of 18% chromium and 8% nickel. It is more desirable for kitchen and outdoor use than lower grade stainless steel like the 202 alloy because it is more corrosion resistant.
Saffire is proud to incorporate the finest steels into our kamado construction. We want your grill to look amazing for years to come, not just out of the box!
Multi-Level Cooking Grid
The Multi-Level Cooking System lets you cook in two temperature zones at once. Lower one side for a quick searing, and keep the other side up for more thorough cooking. With the ceramic heat deflector added to the mix, you can transfer more heat to one side for an intense, radiant, searing heat, while letting the heat slowly work into the food on the other.
- Extra heavy gauge, tubular 304* stainless steel cart for rock-solid stability, strength and extra longevity – LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Cart includes 304 stainless steel Side-Shelves with LIFETIME WARRANTY; easy mounting or removal; fold down when not in use.
- Ceramic Feet with Stainless Steel Heat Shield – for safe placement on wood surface.
- 304* Stainless Steel Caster Wheels (Lifetime Warranty).
*304 Stainless Steel incorporates less Carbon and about twice as much Chromium and Nickel alloys as other common, less expensive types of stainless steel. This provides much more corrosion resistance especially around dampness, salt (food, seasoning, sauces or ocean), chlorine (cleaning agents and swimming pool) and other corrosive elements.